WELCOME TO MY SITE

Friday, May 26, 2006

Fragility

My aunt, Janice, passed away last night around 10P. I dont know that I ever met her. She was my Fathers sister. Her passing has me thinking. I have never known my father. Father, to me, has always been in question. I can never take what he says at face value. Any time he tells me something I know that days, weeks, or even years latter I could find what he tells me to be false. Wether what he tells me is a lie, or simply a slip of his mind ill never know. My girlfriend found out that my unkle Lile, my Fathers brother, lives in Austraila and wants to go visit "him". Now that this has happened I kninda want to visit him, so I can find out about my dad. I want to, and have wanted to know who he is "behind the mask".

I want to know the person that once inhabited the shell that remains.

Hopefully before those who could tell me pass a way themselves. I would ask him, and have asked him, but I fear that his memory has already gone, and his present is so full of the lies he has told him self that I don't know that he knows whats lie and whats not; anymore. I want to know my dad, papa, as we used to call him. I dont know that ill ever get my wish though....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the parallels!

My dad and (step)mom are coming up for the weekend to help G and I pack for our move to the big apple and things involving my father are coming up into my frame of reference. I still feel like our relationship is closed and guilt ridden; How distant can someone get sitting in next to me in the car?

I risk in my life and learn to grow.

Hey, call me! (I never saved your number!)

6:32 PM MDT  
Blogger Fred said...

I no longer know my father. He is but a memory in my past. I long await a stone monument to him. Stone I can love. He is to cold and hatefull to risk loving. The stone would be a warm way to finaly find love for my father. Rest in Peace my father. I hope to see and love you soon.

10:57 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home